Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association Launches 2020 Equipment Rebate Program
May 18, 2020
Rebates are once again available for qualified Massachusetts homeowners. Heating oil customers and heating oil retailers can now take advantage of up to $400 in equipment rebates thanks to funds offered by the Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association (MEMA) and the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA). Please read the announcement below to learn about the program:
MEMA 2020 Rebate Program Launches on May 18
MEMA is pleased to announce that the highly successful Discover Heating Oil Massachusetts rebate and customer communication program will be relaunched on Monday, May 18. The program is paid for with funds from MEMA’s National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) annual budget and was developed in concert with our marketing and communications partner, Warm Thoughts Communications.
The goals of the Discover Heating Oil Massachusetts program are as follows:
- Improve energy efficiency and safety by making it easier to install high-efficiency heating oil/Bioheat equipment, and
- Promote awareness and educate customers about the benefits of ultra-low sulfur heating oil blended with clean, renewable Bioheat.
Important 2020 Program Information
- Starting May 18, homeowners in Massachusetts only will be eligible to receive a $200 rebate when they install a higher efficiency oil-fired system than the system currently in their home. They will also be able to receive a $200 rebate when they install a new heating oil storage tank, either at the same time as system replacement or separately.
- Funds are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The budget for the 2020 program has been reduced due to lower heating oil sales volume causing lower NORA budgets for all NORA state associations. Additionally, the U.S. Congress now requires a 25% escrow for all NORA funds annually.
- To participate in the program, retailers, tank installation companies and HVAC operations must first provide a W9 form that can be uploaded
at www.memarebate.com located on the rebate website www.discoverheatingoilmass.com
- Companies doing the installation work must provide the rebate in the form of a discount to the customer upfront. Companies will then perform the work and then upload paperwork showing proof of completed work through the MEMA rebate online portal. Rebate reimbursements will then be sent directly to installation companies from NORA’s accounting firm.
- Work must be completed after the May 18 program start-date. Rebates will not be granted for any work performed prior to May 18.
Two weeks before the anticipated depletion on the 2020 rebate fund, MEMA will post an announcement on www.discoverheatingoilmass.com and www.massenergymarketers.org