New Equipment Rebate Program For Heating Oil Consumers Launches Soon
April 14, 2021
With support from the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA), the Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association (MEMA) is ready to restart a highly popular program on May 1, 2021: heating oil equipment rebates for consumers. Here are the program’s highlights.
- Funds are limited and offered on a first-come, first served basis
- Customers’ home or business must be located in Massachusetts
- These customers are eligible to receive a $200 rebate when they install a higher efficiency heating oil system than the system currently in their home or business.
- They will also be able to receive a $200 rebate when they install a new heating oil storage tank, either at the same time as the system replacement or separately.
- One rebate is available per customer but the rebate can amount to $400 for a furnace/boiler and tank replacement.
- Companies doing the installation work must provide the rebate in the form of a discount to the customer upfront. Companies will then perform the work and then upload paperwork showing proof of completed work through the MEMA rebate online portal. Rebate reimbursements will then be sent directly to installation companies from NORA.
- Rebate-eligible work must be completed after the May 1 program start date. Rebates will not be granted for any work performed prior to that date.
How You Benefit From A New Heating Oil System
You can expect to reduce your annual fuel expenses by 20% or more—depending on the age and efficiency of your current system—not to mention virtually eliminating high repair bills with a replacement system.
A new heating oil system is also a green choice. Emissions from an old system can be significantly reduced by upgrading to a high-efficiency heating oil system. Today’s heating oil systems are efficient and their emissions are negligible. Advances include systems with reduced fuel-firing rates. Plus, today’s wide use of Bioheat® fuel in Massachusetts is reducing emissions even further. Read more about Bioheat fuel.
Don’t wait until your heating system fails on the coldest day next winter! Start doing your homework now by contacting your full-service heating oil company so you’ll have a head start when the rebates go into effect.