BioHeat® in Massachusetts Symbolizes the Evolution of Heating Oil
May 3, 2018
Did you know that Massachusetts is one of the leading states in the country in the adoption of Bioheat®? That’s because we recognize just how beneficial this revolutionary fuel is for homeowners.
Bioheat® is the “latest thing” in the evolution of heating oil. It burns more cleanly and it is truly environmentally superior because of reduced emissions and improved efficiency.
More and more heating oil companies in the state are delivering Bioheat®, which is a blend of ultra-low-sulfur heating oil and biodiesel, made from renewable homegrown material like soybeans and other natural oils. Bioheat® is 100% made in America and requires no modifications to your existing system.
It’s a product we can all feel proud to have in our homes and businesses statewide. Read more about Bioheat®.
Ultra-low Sulfur Heating Oil: Another Part of the Evolution
The oilheat industry is also moving forward on delivering heating oil with an ultra-low sulfur content. By the summer, all oilheat dealers in Massachusetts, as well as the rest of New England, will be required to deliver heating oil that contains an ultra-low-sulfur blend.
Facts about Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil (ULSHO)
- (ULSHO) has 99% less sulfur in it than standard heating oil.
- The switch to ULSHO will result in a reduction in emissions of over 70%, compared with the emissions produced by traditional heating fuel.
Here’s what ULHSO means for you:
- A buildup of sulfur in the heating system can lead to system maintenance issues. The drastic reduction of sulfur in heating oil means that there will be far fewer system issues, which will lead to lower maintenance costs.
- Because there is virtually no sulfur in the heating system thanks to ultra-low sulfur fuel, your oil system can burn the fuel more efficiently, leading to lower heating bills.
- While regular heating oil has been very clean for decades, the ultra-low sulfur heating oil is even cleaner, producing near-zero particulate emissions.
- ULSHO requires no modifications to your existing system.
- ULSHO allows for the introduction of super-efficient heating systems, which are already being used with great results outside of the United States.